PEEL AWAY TIME WITH A CHEMICAL PEEL
Over time your once youthful looking skin begins to show the effect of the environment, genetics, hormones and the aging process. A chemical peel is a popular and effective treatment for peeling away time by treating uneven skin pigmentation, facial blemishes, acne or chicken pox scars, sun-damaged skin and pre-cancerous growths.
The chemical peel is one of the oldest cosmetic procedures in the world.
It was performed in ancient Egypt, Rome and Greece for those desiring smoother, more beautiful skin. Today, chemical facial peels are popular because they offer nearly immediate results and can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
The result? More youthful, smoother, glowing skin.
How does a peel work?
A chemical peel is a controlled injury to the skin which causes skin cells to separate and exfoliation to begin. A peel uses an acid solution (alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), trichloroacetic acid (TCA) or phenol) which is applied to the skin to remove the damaged, outer layers of the skin, enhancing and smoothing the skin’s texture.
I perform medium-depth peels using trichloroacetic acid (TCA). Because the penetration is deeper, TCA peels are usually only performed once. I will carefully evaluate your skin to determine how to provide you with the best possible results.
Patients with fair skin and light hair are good candidates for chemical peels. Those who have darker skin may still achieve good results, depending on the problem being treated.
Although chemical peels can improve the appearance of fine lines, they are not an effective treatment for deep wrinkles.
- Your chemical peel will be performed in our office.
- Seven to 10 days after the procedure, your new pink skin will emerge.
- The pink color will fade but your skin will be sensitive…avoidance of exposure to sunlight until the pinkness fades is critical; the use of sun block a must!
- The amount of time it takes for recovery varies with each patient.
- A peel is not just for women!
- Men who undergo a peel must delay shaving for a while.
Call for an appointment today, and give old Father Time the boot! 509-942-3190